12.06.2008

The Number 5

A lot of things have happened in our life containing the number 5. Aaron and I began dating when I was 25, our address is 915, Warren was born on 6.05, and most recently, Aaron was laid off on 12.05. Yes, the last one is a gasp, I know- but it is something we feel is just a part of the Big Man's plan, a part of our story. We knew the lay offs were coming, and being that Aaron had 'survived'-hmm a mere 10 or so of them over the course of his 8 years of loyal employment with AT&T, we felt he was pretty safe-also thinking of his particular job and circumstances. We were blessed with this job a few months after Warren was born which made up for my missed salary allowing me to stay home with Warren. We were ecstatic! But now, with this hand that has been dealt to us, we feel there is only something better out there. We stand firm in the belief God has something great for us, no matter where or what, and you know what? I think we'll go along with His plans because He's yet to let us down...seems to be the trend anyway-yay! We have several options within AT&T and they're really great ones, but Aaron definitely wants to keep it wide open. Aaron and I both have a peace about this situation that, once again, we don't really understand how, given this economy and the 'powers that be' that are about to enter Washington...but we do know God and He is the one taking care of us as a family and our home.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are in our prayers as I know how scary losing a job must be. I admire your positive attitude though. Trust in God and everything will be taken care of. Have a Merry Christmas enjoying that precious little boy. :)